Skip to menu Skip to content
Click here or press the Escape key to leave this site now
Call the RCS helpline on 08088 01 03 02

If you are not happy with our service

If you are not happy with any aspect of our service, then you have the right to make a complaint.

If you wish to complain, in the first instance you or someone acting on your behalf can discuss your complaint with your support worker or counsellor. We recognise, however that this might not be possible to do if the complaint directly involves your worker.

If you cannot raise your complaint with your support worker or counsellor, or have done so but are still unhappy, please put your complaint either verbally or in writing to The Manager, SWRC&SAC, 1A Irving Street, Dumfries DG1 1EL. Tel: 01387 253113.

Once you have made a complaint, it will be recorded and investigated by SWRC&SAC. We aim to have all complaints investigated and a full response given within five working days. If you are unhappy with the outcome of your complaint the next stage is to pass the complaint to the Board of Trustees. A sub group of Trustees will be identified to investigate your complaint and the Directors response to your complaint. The Trustees will write to you with their decision within 28 days of receiving your complaint.

Complaints can also be made direct to the Care Inspectorate. They are an independent non-departmental body set up under the Regulation of Care (Scotland) Act 2001 to regulate care services in Scotland. Our Outreach Service and our Cosy House are registered as Housing Support Services with the Care Inspectorate. They will investigate your concerns and will explain what they have found and tell you what action they have taken. You can contact the Care Inspectorate at:

The Care Inspectorate
Solway House
Tinwald Downs Road

Tel 01387 734980

Speak to us

We want to hear from you. Phone us on 01387 253113 or email us.

How we can help you